In today's digital world, voice and video calls have become an integral part of our daily lives, and having control over the default calling app on your Android or iPhone can significantly enhance your user experience. Change default calling app is easier if you want to use a different app for calls or explore new features. In this guide, we'll see the steps for changing default calling apps on Android and iPhone devices.
What is a Default Calling App?
A default calling app is the main application on your smartphone that is set to handle all outgoing and incoming phone calls by default. When you make a call on your device or receive a call, the default calling app is the one that is automatically launched to handle the call functionality. This app manages tasks such as dialling phone numbers, displaying the call interface, managing call logs, and providing features like call waiting, forwarding, and caller ID.
How to Change the Default Calling App on Android?
Android offers a variety of calling apps on the Play Store. Before changing your default calling app, explore the alternatives and find one that suits your preferences. Some popular options include Google Duo, Skype, and Truecaller. If you are uncomfortable with the default calling app on Android, then you can change the calling app using simple steps mentioned below,
- First, open the Settings app on your smartphone.
- Click on "Apps" or "Apps & notifications," depending on your device's interface.
- Look for "Default apps" or a similar option in the Apps settings.
- Click on "Phone app" or "Calling app."
- You'll see a list of available calling apps. Select your preferred app from the list.
- A confirmation pop-up might appear. Click "OK" or "Set as default" to confirm your choice.
- Make a test call to ensure the new calling app works as expected. If you encounter any issues, you can always revert to the previous default app by following the same steps.
How to Change Default Calling App on iPhone?
If you are an iPhone user and want to change the default calling app on your iPhone, then you can do it with simple steps. The Apple App Store provides a range of calling apps. Popular options include WhatsApp, Skype, and Viber. Follow the below steps to change the calling app,
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on "Phone."
- Tap on "Call Blocking & Identification."
- Under "Call Blocking & Identification," you will see a list of available calling apps.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default.
- Click the "Enable" option to default to the new calling app.
- Make a test call to ensure the new calling app functions as intended.
- If you encounter any difficulties, you can always switch back to the original default app by following the same steps.
What are the Best Calling Apps for Android?
Several excellent calling apps are available for Android devices, each offering its features and advantages. Here are some of the best calling apps for Android:
- Google Duo
- Facebook Messenger
Change default calling app on your Android or iPhone is a simple process that can significantly enhance your communication experience. You can quickly change the default calling app by following the above steps. You can enjoy improved functionality and features while making voice and video calls by choosing an app that aligns with your preferences and needs.
- how to change default calling app in android
- how to change default calling app in samsung
- how do i change the default calling app on my iphone
- default phone app
- how to change default calling app in mi
- how to change default calling app in oneplus
- set phone as default
- how to change default calling app from truecaller to phone