Change APN Settings on Android: Do you want to change APN Settings on your Android Phone because of an internet connectivity issue? Is it possible? Yes, in this post we will see how to change APN settings on Android devices with simple steps and how to set up it properly. APN (Access Point Name) is the name of the gateway between your carrier’s cellular network and public network. Actually, these APN settings can be automatically configured on your android device, so you no need to touch them.
But sometimes, you may want to change your Android phone APN settings once you face an internet connection error or move an unlocked phone to a new service. If you enter incorrect APN Settings, you will lose data connection on your phone. Also, you can’t able to send MMS without proper APN settings. So, be careful while changing the APN settings on your Android phone.
How to Change APN Settings on Android:
If you want to change APN settings on your Android device because of a data connection error or move your unlocked phone to a new service, you can move between carrier networks. Follow the below steps carefully while changing APN settings on the Android
- On your mobile phone
- Go to Settings-> Mobile Networks->Access Point Names
- Now, click the menu button and select New APN settings
- Then click on the “Name” option and Enter “Internet” and click “Ok”
- Then now select “APN Field” and Enter “Everywhere” and Click “Ok”
- Now, Select the “Username” option and Enter “secure” and Click “Ok”
- Then now go to Password Option and Enter “Secure” and Tap “Ok
How to Setup your Phone for MMS:
After changing the APN settings, you have to save the changes on the menu bar then, only APN settings will change. Now, we have to set up our phones for MMS. Let’s see how to set up your phone for MMS in detail
- Open your Smartphone, Go to Settings-> Mobile Networks->Access Point Names
- Now, Open the menu button and select New APN settings
- Now, Select the Name option and Enter MMS and Click Ok
- Then select the APN option and enter rezone and Click Ok
- Select the Username option and enter secure, Click Ok and Go to the Password option and enter secure, Click Ok
- Now, Select the MMSC option, enter http://MMS/, and click Ok. Then go to the MMS Proxy field, enter 220.127.116.11.
- Scroll down and enter 8080 on the MMS Port option
- Now, click on Authentication type field > PAP > APN Type > MMS or Enter * and
- Click Ok
- Finally, save the settings and Exit.
Hereafter, Changing APN settings on your Android phone or setting up APN settings for MMS on your Android device is easy. Carefully follow the above steps to change APN settings; otherwise, you will lose your data connection. I hope the above article is really helpful for you in setting up or changing APN settings on Android. If you have any queries regarding these APN settings, feel free to ask us in the comment section. Thank you!
1. Can I change APN settings on Android Phones?
- Ans: Yes, You can easily change the APN settings on your Android phone simply by changing the APN Name and Password. If you enter the wrong username or password, you will lose your data connection. So, follow the above-mentioned steps to change APN settings
2. Is it illegal to change APN settings?
- Ans: No. It won’t damage or affect your phone or SIM card.
- apn settings samsung
- access point names for all networks in 2022
- apn settings for Airtel
- how to set mobile network settings android
- my apn settings
- apn settings for unlimited data
- new apn
- unlock apn settings