I created this blog because I, like many others, love Kodi and staying current with all the latest Kodi news, updates, and features. Here I'll share everything I know about updating Kodi on your Android device.
What is Kodi:
Kodi is a media center that lets you play both local and online media content. You can find Kodi on many different platforms, Android included. The process to update Kodi on Android is straightforward and can be completed through the Google Play Store.
Also Check: What Is Com Google Android Package
Why update Kodi:
There are a few reasons you might want to update Kodi on your Android TV box. The most frequent reason is to receive the latest security patches and updates from the Kodi team. Other potential reasons include getting new features, fixing bugs, or even updating to a newer version of Kodi. Updating Kodi is a breeze and can be completed in just a few minutes. This guide will show you how to update Kodi on Android TV boxes, including the new Nvidia Shield TV Pro.
How to update Kodi on Android:
Kodi is a free media player application created by the XBMC Foundation, a non-profit technology consortium. It is compatible with multiple operating systems and hardware platforms and has a software 10-foot user interface for use with TVs and remote controls. With Kodi, users can play and view most videos, music, podcasts, and other digital media files from local and network storage media as well as the internet. The simplest method to keep Kodi updated on Android is by using the Google Play Store. More often than not, Kodi will update automatically in the background when a newer version is released. To see if an update is available:
- On your Android device, open the Google Play Store app.
- Select Menu > My apps & games.
- Apps that have an update available are labeled "Update."
- Tap "Update" if a Kodi update is available.
How do I check my version of Kodi:
To make sure you have access to the latest features and bug fixes, it is important to have the latest version of Kodi installed on your device.
- You can check which version of Kodi you have by going to the Home screen and selecting the Settings icon.
- Then, scroll down and select the System Settings option.
- Under the System settings heading, select the About option.
- This will display your current version of Kodi as well as information about your device.
Tips for updating Kodi:
If you're running an older version of Kodi, you should update to the latest version. Here are some tips for updating Kodi on Android:
- Visit the Kodi website to see what the latest version of Kodi is. Before beginning the update process, ensure that you have a strong internet connection.
- Keep your router close by if you're using a wireless connection, so you won't lose the update mid-way through.
- Be sure to back up your Kodi settings before you start the update process, in case anything goes wrong.
- To update Kodi on Android, go to Settings > About > Check for Updates.
As you can see, there are a few different ways that you can go about updating Kodi on Android. Depending on your personal preference and level of tech-savviness, you may opt for one method over another. However, all of the methods listed above are relatively simple and shouldn’t take more than a few minutes to complete. That's all there is to it! Now you know how to update Kodi on Android. Be sure to come back frequently for more useful tips and tricks.